Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pika Pika Carnival!

Went to the Pika Pika Carnival at Isetan Scotts Level 4 today!
I chanced upon it when I was surfing the web to find out where to buy Happycall pots as a Mother's Day present for my mum. (they do sell the pots as well) Anyway, I read on their promo banner that they are giving away Pikachus for anyone who owns a Pokemon Black or White cartridge for the Nintendo DS and I definitely wanted one!

The Pika Pika Carnival is until 20th May, so you still have 8 days to get your Pikachus!

Even though event is held in a pretty small area, they still managed to pack 3 carnival games, a tv display and various Pokemon merchandizes in it.


The carnival game, Finish The Race with Pokemon, costs $5 a turn while the other two games cost $3 a turn. You can get your carnival credits at the payment booth.



The cute carnival tickets!


The carnival games~


left: Finish The Race with Pokemon game, played with an Xbox Kinect connected to a laptop.
Right: The famous Pikachu artwork that is at every Pokemon Center, along with the game that I played.

You are guaranteed a prize no matter which game you play, however, the scores you get in the game determines whether you receive the more valuable prize or the normal prize. I played Klink's Mini Game once and got the normal prize which is stickers of Snivy and Oshalott / ツタージャ & ミジュマル~ The other prize for that game is a Pokemon notebook.



Most importantly, I've received my Pikachu as well! Here's a video of me getting my Pikachu~ All you have to do is switch on your DS when you are there and select the "Receive Mystery Gift" option after you press start. Then connect to the WIFI in that area and you are ready to receive your Lvl 100 Pikachu! I've also noticed that each cartridge receives a different Pikachu as my awesome friend, Isa's Pikachu is of a jolly nature while mine has a relaxing nature and loves to eat.


Pokemerchandize for sale!

The merchandize on sale at the carnival include water tumblers, bento boxes and cutlery, bags, stationary, stickers, stamps, plushies and cards from the Pokemon Trading Card game. They have also brought in the Pokemon Battle Chess game at SGD$10. They have provided an english manual as well and from the tv display promo, it seems quite fun to play. Plushies on sale inclue Pikachu, Chikorita, Oshawott, Lugia, Tepig, Minccino, Scraggy, Emolga and more. All these items are usually only sold in Japan at the Pokemon Centers there and cannot be bought elsewhere, so if you want something, do get it now, or you'd need a plane ticket to Japan to get your hands on it!
I bought the set of Pokemon cookie cutters which consists of Pikachu & Oshawott / ミジュマル . Well, I intend to cut mini sandwhiches and pancakes as well so they arn't just for cookies =3 I also kind of really wanted to get the Pokemon stamps and the Battle Chess game, but didn't want to spend that much cash at one go.


They are also giving out free Pichu cardboard visors! At first it was kinda confusing trying to put them on, but then one of the guys told us that you are supposed to fold the flap up and then down to get the visor shape front without ripping it apart.



I do hope that the organizers do bring in more and bigger Pokemon events in the future. I really liked this event even though it was in a really tiny area and there isn't that much stuff compared to other Pokemon events overseas. They are doing surveys at the door so do help them fill it up and let them know that we want more!

PS. If anyone is interested to trade Pokemon on Pokemon Black / White, do check out my Pokemon Trading page.  ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

PPS. There are also hanging ads in the MRTs promoting this event, do grab one if you see it because it allows you to redeem a free Pokemon sticker. I saw people collecting their stickers, but unfortunately, I've not come across a train with one of them. If anyone has extras to spare I'd appreciate it if you'd pass one to me!

Ciao for now!
-Mello x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...