Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Soundless Voice, call my name;

Recently, I've been listening to Utaite covers of Vocaloid songs. Okay, one thing yall should know about me: I like the designs of vocaloids, kinda like quite many of the songs created with vocaloids, but there's just one thing that I can't seem to adapt to... the voice of the vocaloids. I mean, I have no idea why. I've tried listening to songs I like lots of times trying to get used to the sounds of the Vocaloids, hoping it would grow on me, but unfortunately it hasn't, (shoot me here, Vocaloid fans) I just can't make myself like those squeaks. (even though I actually like the squeaky sounds of R2-D2) ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

Hence, I'm really thankful that there are many awesome Utaites out there so I can listen to the nice songs sung by an actual human! o(≧∇≦o)

Here are some of my favourites:
Song: 「Soundless Voice」
Utaite: Valshe
Admit it, I kind of have a thing for sad sounding songs, so yes, this does appeal to me. If you're not into deep feeling songs, skip this one.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdD9aq4u2Nk]

Song:「からくりピエロ-piano.ver-」English Ver.
Utaite: Nano / ナノ
I love Nano's voice, she was born in New York and tends to write English lyrics for the Vocaloid songs in Japanese. Interestingly, this Utaite shares the same name as my first name in my alias. ;)
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ugbOio1MQ]

Song:「Rolling Girl」English Ver.
Utaite: Nano / ナノ
It's one of those songs that I wonder why I even listen to. On the first listen I honestly thought it was kinda dumb meaning-wise, but somehow I find myself listening to this song over and over again. Oh well, an unexplainable mystery. "She begs to be rolled one more time"? Huh?
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuJt14kDP8I]

Song:「The Beast」English Ver.
Utaite: Nano / ナノ
It's just really cute. The fairy tale-ish feel it gives somehow makes it sound like something that could be in a musical. Cute, cute, cute is all I can say.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN1X33Yya3M]

Hmmm, maybe someday I shall have the guts to actually cover one of these songs. I kinda find it difficult to actually sound good singing any of these songs without making it sound droid-ish. Ah wells~

- Mello x

3 comments:

  1. Oooh~ You're finally in the Utaite world now hahahaha...
    As far as Vocaloid goes, I only like Kaito and I only follow Shinjou-P (新城P)'s works coz she is by far the only one who can tune Kaito so well and emotional.
    But it's also thanks to Vocaloid songs that I know of Utaites. I think by know you should know I'm a huge Faneru fan. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yesh! Yeah, I've noticed you've got your hands on some Kaito figures as well? Lol I'm a sucker for
    saddish emo songs, so yeah the ones above are my fav. Tough I've found a youtube singer who goes by the name of mikutan that does some pretty good covers as well (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize I made a horrendous typo. LOL.
    It should be "I think by NOW you should know I’m a huge Faneru fan." ← OOPS. XD;;
    Yup yup~ I got my hands on the regular and the Cheerful edition Kaito Nendroids~ wwwww.
    CUTE RIGHT! wwwww
    Nerutan so far didn't sing too much sad/emo songs. He's great at parodies though. He wrote all the parodies himself. wwww
    But here's a couple of the more heavy/darker songs he covered.
    Tokyo Teddy Bear (Solo): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVEfuxf8TGA
    Paradichlorobenzene (With Jack and Asamaru): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu4Ec161r1k

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...